Sunday, May 25, 2014

Catching up the week...



Thursday we said goodbye to Grandma Carla as she is off to Alaska for the summer. I really really hate when Jim and Carla are gone all summer. I don't know how I'm ever going to move away from the Lindblom Ranch. I have become so close with my mother in law. Not many people can say that they love their in-laws but i honestly do. I always love going over to Carla's to see what new things she working on or just to go visit. It has been a blessing to live so close to them and I'm so thankful that they have let us stay for so long. This will be our third summer here. Its crazy to think that we've been here that long! But hopefully we will be moved into a new house by the end of this summer. We have totally over stayed our welcome and our grown out of our home. Time to move on. Bittersweet really. 

Friday was a pretty normal day. Harvey and I made our weekly trip to target, had some snacks and left with things that we probably didn't need. We came home and then played outside for most of the afternoon. Playing outside is Harvey's favorite thing to do! He always points at the door and and says 'uuh!' He knows how to get his way about it to, his new thing to do is snuggle and then he knows he can get his way. He does it to Mark all the time. It's really cute. He totally has his dad wrapped around his finger. 

Saturday was a pretty lazy day as well. We mostly just hung out at home, then went to lunch with dad and played outside some more. Later that night we dropped Harvey off at Grandmas and Grandpas and Mark and I had a much needed Temple date. It's been an embarrassing amount of time since we have been to the temple. I'm so thankful that we were able to finally go. I absolutely love being in the temple. I love the peace that i feel when i am in that beautiful place. My mind is at rest and i have no worries of the world outside. I feel new and refreshed ever time i leave and feel ready to start over. I love that i get to start over and try to become a better person. 

So with my fresh, new, start, this week, I'm going to try and do a few things better. (I'm writing them here so i can be more accountable.) This week i am going to be kinder to my husband, love him more, and have more patience with him. Also i am going to try and read my scriptures every day this week, say my prayers, and have a more positive attitude. One more thing i want to try and improve on is being  a fun mom. I want Harvey to have a fun mom and a fun, enjoyable childhood.(i'll go into that more in another post.) Tomorrow is a new day and I'm excited for a new week to improve myself and become closer to my Heavenly Father. 


                         

                         




No comments:

Post a Comment